Wednesday, May 18, 2016





Karma by Nadine Nightingale

Released on May 4th


Synopsis:
People call me all sorts of names—bad girl, black sheep, and my all-time favorite...Satan’s bride. I could blame the fact I’m a witch for my behavior, but the truth is I’m infuriating, arrogant, and stab-worthy.
Alex Remington is a hunter and everything I’m not—righteous, honest, caring. We used to have a thing, but that was before he learned I’m a witch and tried to kill me.
Eighteen months later, he’s back in my life and we have a deal; I’ll help him save his brother and he’ll disappear from my life for good. But karma can be a real bitch…




EXCERPT:
I push the newspaper away. The ankh tattoo 10

Karma

burning like a newly-burned brand, I face Alex. “Sounds like the son of a bitch got what he deserved.”

“Did you kill him?” His grip tightens around my wrist.

“Would you believe me if I said no?”Alex shrugs. “Try me.”I wrench free from his grip. “I didn’t kill the

bastard. Happy? Are we done now?”Alex runs a hand through his messy, dark brown

hair and sighs. “Try again.”Taking a deep breath, I turn to Papa Bear, who’s

eagerly eavesdropping while polishing his glasses with a filthy towel. “More bourbon, please.” Papa Bear is about to pour when I stop him. “Know what? Just pass me the bottle.” I need more than a glass to handle jerk- face. The old fella looks a bit startled, but he does what every good bartender would do—he serves.

“Amanda,” Alex says impatiently.“Alex,” I mock him.His eyes grow darker. Balling his hands into fists,

he closes the gap between us. “Last chance. Did you, or did you not, kill the fuckin’ mayor?”

“Why does everyone think I’m some kind of assassin? I mean, I get it. I totally rock the Scarlett Johansson slash I’m-a-super-sexy-absolutely-lethal- Russian-spy look, but dude, I’m a professional liar, not a serial killer.” I take a large sip of the fiery liquid, hoping it’ll drown the anger building inside me. I don’t even know why Alex’s accusations bug me. By now, I should be used to it. Let’s face it. I would never have come this far if I had given shit about other people’s opinions, so why the fuck should I care about Alex’s?

“That’s my point,” he says. “You’re a liar. Nothing you’ve ever said is true, so why should I believe you now?”

I know exactly to what he’s referring, but no way in hell I’m going there. I’m done playing his games. With the grace of a ballerina, I rise from the barstool.

“Where do you think you’re going?” His rich voice echoes through the empty tavern.

“I have a bus to catch, Alex. So if you’re not here to kill me, you’ll have to excuse me.” I wink at Papa Bear and walk toward the double doors when two strong hands grab my shoulders and yank me backward.

What the fuck? I spin around, heart racing. “Dude, are you off your meds, or did you finally lose your weed virginity?”

Hands still on my shoulders, he keeps me from bolting. “We had a deal,” Alex hisses.

“Ah, I didn’t violate any of your stupid rules, because I didn’t kill the fuckin’ mayor.” I roll my eyes as a dry laugh parts my lips. “You can’t sincerely believe I would jeopardize my own life for a spoiled brat. Dude, you of all people should know me better than that.”

Alex pulls me close. His hot breath tingles on my skin. “You’re right, Amanda. I do know you. So tell me, how much did they pay you?”

“Screw you!” I try to break free, but Alex won’t let go.

He digs his fingers into my soft skin. “I knew you couldn’t be trusted. I should have never let you walk.”

“Now what? Are you going to burn me at the stake?” Mental note: learn to keep your mouth shut. I bet he has a supply of green wood in his trunk.

A crooked smile tugging at his lips, he releases me.  “You have no idea how badly I want to see you burn, but I’m not here to kill you.”

What? “You didn’t come because of the article?”

“Nope.” Alex steps back. His shoulders sink, and for the very first time since he walked into this shithole of a bar, his gaze drops.

This ain’t good. Whatever it is that haunts him changes his aura into a dark blue mess. Meaning, he’s scared of the truth. “What’s going on, Alex?”

Alex’s eyes drift to Papa Bear. Judging from the look on the old fella’s wrinkled face, I’d say the Salty Dog Tavern has never seen more action. “I need your help,” Alex whispers.

 

 
 
 
Buy Links:
 
 
 
Nadine Nightingale Bio:
Nadine aka Dini is a traveler at heart. She considers the world her home and practically lives out of her suitcases. When she’s not glaring at a blank page or abusing her poor keyboard, she spends her time reading, watching movies (preferably horror), pretends to work out, and hangs out with friends and family. Poor girl also suffers from a serious Marvel superhero addiction. So, if you run into her at night, wearing black, know she’s secretly dreaming of being the infamous Black Widow.
Her love for writing started in the sixth grade where she annoyed her classmates with a short story featuring Sailor Moon characters, a cemetery, and creepy ghosts. Yes, she’s always been addicted to the dark side. Nadine writes paranormal romance. Her debut novel “Karma” the first book in her paranormal romance series Drag.Me.To.Hell. is published by the Wild Rose Press and will be out in May 2016. She has a serious girl crush on her protagonist Amanda Bishop.

Nadine has a BA in Comparative Religions and studied Creative Writing at the University of Oxford.
Links:

 
Post a Comment