Sunday, August 11, 2013

Georgette's Review of My Unexpected Forever

Hello Everyone and happy Sunday!

Yesterday I was blessed by the beautiful Heidi McLaughlin with an advanced copy of My Unexpected Forever and I have to tell you, I was not disappointed!


I absolutely loved this book.  It is jam packed with a slew of emotions.  Grab your tissues for all of the flashbacks of Katelyn and Mason's relationship...you are definitely going to need them!

Harrison's devotion for Katelyn and her children is amazingly admirable!  Where can one find a guy as committed to becoming a family as this one??  Katelyn's feelings are in turmoil as she doesn't think she should be moving on from Mason.  Katelyn struggles with her girls as they struggle with losing their father.  Elle clings herself onto Harrison while Peyton shuts everyone out.  The only person who seems able to console Peyton is Liam.  The person Elle turns to is Harrison and this tears Katelyn up that her girls won't come to her.  She feels helpless as a mother but is glad the girls have someone they can turn to.
Katelyn working as 4225 West's manager brings a lot of interaction between her and Harrison.  They both have feelings for each other but Katelyn doesn't want them to happen.  During the new tour Katelyn booked, they take all of the children to Disney World.  Harrison gets Katelyn to do something she never has done and gets her on the Haunted Mansion ride.  The way he takes her mind off of the ride is....yummmmmm!
Katelyn goes back and forth with her feelings for Harrison during the tour. The tour has unexpectedly ended early and they all go back home.  They are struggling with the after effects and don't know where to go or how to proceed.  When she finally gives in....let's just say, I want Harrison to take me on his motorcycle to The Point!!! 

Harrison's commitment to Katelyn and her children is undeniable and unbreakable.  That is until someone from Harrison's past lies to Katelyn and manipulates her into thinking he's using her.  Although Katelyn no longer trust or wants to be with Harrison, his relationship with her girls never faulters.  When Peyton gets picked on in school, Harrison's son Quinn is quick to defend her and gets into trouble.  When Quinn explains to Harrison what happened, instead of getting upset, he consoles Peyton and takes her under his wing.  She finally opens up and starts to smile again.  Harrison decides that he can no longer take the turmoil in his life and decides to move him and Quinn back to LA.  It breaks his heart that he will be leaving the three women he loves but he believes this is the best decision for him and Quinn.


There are so many amazing parts of this book.  I loved the interaction with all of the characters.  I loved that Mason's father was so understanding and so loving! "Are you going to take my girls away from me?" That was one of the most beautiful things ever! Tears started rolling down my cheeks!  
Another amazing part is when Harrison finds out Quinn is really his son "Miss Tucker has signed away her parental rights.  Quinn is yours and available for adoption by your wife when you choose to marry." "I'm never getting married" "He's mine?" "He's yours, honey" his mom says. "She's crying into my shoulder, but I know the're happy tears because I'm shedding them as well"

There are so many more beautiful moments in this book and I can't wait for everyone to read it!

In anticipation of this release, I'm going to give away a signed copy of the first book in this series, Forever My Girl.  Please click on the giveaway tab to enter.  Good luck everyone and happy reading!

Post a Comment