Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hello Everyone!! 

So, I've decided that I am going to only blog once a week for the summer until I can really get a hold of my bearings.  I've also added Cristin as an author for the blog so that she may come in and update everyone also.

Last week was a very busy week for me.  I was very excited to have a very small meet with Author Heidi McLaughlin!! Let me tell you people, she is such a wonderful person!! It was her, I and only one other person.  We got to be our own little book club the three of us.  She also gave us some highlights to her 2nd book in The Beaumont Series, My Unexpected Forever.  Unfortunately, we now have to wait until September to get to read it! What a tease she is!  This week, I'm going to give away 5 e-copies of Forever My Girl, the first book in The Beaumont Series to the first 5 people to leave a comment on my blog.  Heidi has also given me some bookmarks to give away, so those people will also receive a bookmark!  For those of you who haven't read Forever My Girl, what are you waiting on?? OMG, that Liam Page is so HOT!!!  This is really a true love story!

Forever My Girl (Beaumont, #1)
http://www.amazon.com/Forever-Girl-Beaumont-Series-ebook/dp/B00ATNJW3Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1374080396&sr=1-1&keywords=forever+my+girl


So, let's discuss the books I've read in the last week.  There are a total of 10 of them....

July 9th -
 Star Crossed
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_16?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=star%20crossed%20alisha%20watts&sprefix=star+crossed+ali%2Caps%2C153
Star Crossed - Alisha Watts 
This was a cute read.  It's only a novella so I gave it 2.5 stars.

July 11th - 
Edible (Exquisite, #3)
http://www.amazon.com/Edible-Exquisite-Series-ebook/dp/B00DRL96CC/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1374080296&sr=1-1&keywords=edible+ella+frank
Exquisite - Edible #3 - Ella Frank
I loved this book!! I was so happy to get into why Rachel was the way she was! I loved the chemistry between Rachel and Cole.  He is definitely what we ladies like to call Swoon-Worthy!! This series is a must read! I gave this book 4.25 stars.

July 12th - July 13th
Bound and Freed Boxed Set - Andre' Chevalier BDSM Stories 1-5 - Nikki Sex
Bound and Freed Boxed Set (André Chevalier BDSM Stories #1-5)
http://www.amazon.com/Bound-Freed-Boxed-Set-ebook/dp/B00BSB5B2M/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1374080317&sr=1-2&keywords=bound+nikki+sex
This was a cute series of novellas starring John Taylor and Kelli Flynn.  I did enjoy this story although I feel they moved way too fast.  They were in love before the first night was over...I rated this entire series a 3.  If you just need a quick read, I would recommend this...

July 14th -
Seize Me (Breakneck, #1)
http://www.amazon.com/Seize-Me-Breakneck-Series-ebook/dp/B00DVAWGJ4/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1374080339&sr=1-1&keywords=seize+me+crystal+spears
Seize Me - Breakneck #1 - Crystal Spears
This book is not for the light at heart!!! OMG!! It is real...gangs, rape, murder....everything.  I really enjoyed this book and I definitely recommend it! I gave this book 4.25 stars.  Hurry up Crystal and give me the next book in this series!!  

July 15th - 
Twinsequences (Twisted Twin, #1)
http://www.amazon.com/Twinsequences-Twisted-Twin-Series-ebook/dp/B00DUNYTAG/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1374080355&sr=1-1&keywords=twinsequences+by+jennifer+foor
Twinsequences - Twisted Twin #1 - Jenn Foor
I love Jenn Foor so I just had to read this.  I thoroughly enjoyed this book!! I don't think Ivy paid enough for what she put Stoshua and Willow through!! I'm so happy they caught on to everything she did, too bad it was years later.  Ivy is one sick chick and I don't see her getting any better.  Maybe Jenn can redeem that character later on.  I'm so glad that Will and Stosh got their HEA, I really hope it lasts! I gave this book 4.25 stars...why....because it is not My Mitchell boys!! I know, you may think that is wrong but I don't think I could rate this book up there with them.

July 16th -
Frigid (Frigid, #1)
http://www.amazon.com/Frigid-ebook/dp/B00CONW5I6/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1374080377&sr=1-1&keywords=frigid+j+lynn
Frigid - Frigid #1 - J. Lynn
This book was about a young lady who has been in love with her best friend forever.  He is such a player that he didn't realize how much she loved him.  He in turn was in love with her for just as long but slept with multiple women to try to keep his thoughts away from her.  I enjoyed them getting to where they belonged.  This was a really good read.  It's a quick read.  I rated this book 3.75.

I'm currently reading Innocence Defied (New York #3) by Lanie Reese.  I am 65% in this book and I have to tell you, Lanie is not disappointing me! I absolutely adore this series!  I hope you all read it!

I don't know who is going to the NYC author event but I really hope to see you there!! There are a few seats left, so see if you can make it:
http://www.theoccasionalist.com/signingEvent/info/6

There are also events in Phoenix and Toronto coming up that have plenty of space available.  Get on and get there!! Hopefully I will see you all at them! 

Below is the Phoenix event!
http://www.theoccasionalist.com/signingEvent/info/10



Well, bitches, I'm out....getting ready to go on vacation!!
Be back soon!! 

Remember, leave your comments to get your e-copy and bookmarks of Forever My Girl from Heidi McLaughlin..don't forget to let me know if you have a Kindle or Nook and leave me your email address to send it to!

Post a Comment